Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Real Estate Rookie

Having always enjoyed helping people and looking inside all kinds of homes, and having the real estate and legal background experiences I enjoy on my resume', I decided, with the awesome support of my husband, to become a real estate agent.

I've had my license for about six weeks now and LOVE working with the professional and fun (and smart!) group of men and women at Gary Mann Real Estate in Moses Lake, WA.

I just got my first paycheck today! I sold my first home, a split-level, to a family from a neighboring town. I have a lot of irons in the fire, so to speak, and am looking for just the right home and right piece of land to fit the families who are asking for my help. I've had many jobs in my life, and I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the most fun and challengings jobs I've ever had. (Aside from the publishing assistant job I had working in Tukwila several years ago.)

I started this real estate blog because it didn't seem that there were very many rookie real estate blogs in my area, and I want to be able to share real estate from a rookie's point of view and be an encouragement to others who may be going through the same experiences I'm going through, and be helpful to others. Like my broker said to me today, "I like asking you questions in the staff meeting. You have a perspective that is different from the experienced agents." I thought that was very thoughtful of him.

In the meantime, I'll also share some generic thoughts with you on what is for sale in the Moses Lake market. Of course, you can always find out at our website, and even check out the pictures of homes online (internet shopping is great, isn't it?). Just do a search on Gary Mann Real Estate. (Is it okay to post the website here, or is that spamming?)

I need: duplex in good condition for local investors
I have: (my first two listings are coming up soon...a vacant lot, and a country home with acreage)

2 comments:

Sethish said...

Hello Connie, this is Seth from Windermere RE / K-2 Realty. Kudos on starting a blog. It's a great way to gain internet presence, something that isn't done much here in Moses. But you might want to consider adding your contact information in case you find a client ;), your brokerage isn't listed either!

Anyway, welcome, hello, and best of luck.

Seth

Connie Suehiro said...

Seth,

Thank you for your warm welcome! I'll go straight to my profile and add your suggestions. Are you new to real estate, or have you been a real estate agent for long, assuming you are an agent too?

Connie