Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When does vacant land have water and sewer?

When it's "stubbed" to the property.



I found a very helpful gentleman in the engineering department at Moses Lake City Hall today. I let the kind folks there know that I was a new real estate agent and that I needed to know if water and sewer were on the property of the vacant lot I'm listing. I also needed to know if the City of Moses Lake was the service provider of the water. I didn't know there was more than one water provider in the city limits, did you?



The gentleman gave me two maps, one of the water pipeline, and one of the sewer pipeline under the street near the lot. Each pipeline was designated with a color and the letter S or W. I found out later, when I contacted the company that services the water supply, that the water was indeed ON the property, and that the sewer was stubbed up TO the property, but might be ON the property as well.



The lady in the planning department was helpful too. She let me know that since the land is zoned R2 within city limits, a single-family residence or duplex can be built on the property. Manufactured homes are okay too. However, city ordinance determines that the manufactured home must be brand new, double wide, and must have a garage. All these laws are fascinating to me!



I need: a 3BR home with about 1600-1800 square feet (sf), and a big area to park a boat and SUV, in a neighborhood not too far from the Nelson Road firehouse. (2-3 miles max)

I have: two listings in waiting... vacant lot, and soon, a country home with acreage

No comments: