Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fix that hole in the wall... but HOW?

We're talking about just a little hole in the sheetrock, one that you've repaired before, but now it's there again. How do you repair it? I really don't know, but a really nice customer service man who works at the Ace Hardware in Moses Lake showed me that I could use screws with metal shanks that actually grab onto the front and back of the sheetrock. Do you have a similar problem like mine, you moms and dads who have children? I love my kids, and I'm glad they wipe their wet hands on a towel, but the manner in which they wipe their hands (and lean) causes the towel bar to eventually come out of the wall. So, don't use those hard plastic "pre-screws." Instead, save yourself a step (and some time) and use the screws that have a metal shank with little teeth that grab onto the sheetrock. I don't have mine in yet, but I'm looking forward to having my towel bar back up.

HAVE: a vacant lot on the corner of Mary and Gary Streets in Moses Lake for $30K

NEED: 10-20 acres of vacant land with no rocks or creek, within 5 miles of the edges of Moses Lake. If there is a manufactured home on it in good condition, that's okay. Price range: less than $200,000.

COMING UP in about two weeks or so: a country home with 2 acres, less than 10 minutes from the edge of town. Chickens possibly included. Attached garage, older home, garden area, 4 bedrooms, one which is wheelchair accessible, grapes, completely fenced with driveway gate.

I'd like to set up a challenge for all real estate agents and builders in Moses Lake. Everyone has been so helpful to me as a new agent. We all like to help people. Let's help Sara Villareal, whose two children and husband died in her home that burned down on Moon Drive. She needs clothes for a one-year old boy, a couple of beds, food, money, towels, sheets, furniture, a home (could she qualify for a Habitat for Humanity home?), a table, chairs, dishes, pots, pans, prayer, clothes (size? 8?), and you can deliver these or call in to Amber Palmer who works at Miller Jewelry on Third in Moses Lake. Or call me and I'll get them to her: 765-3463 ext. 110. I don't know Sara, but I do know Amber who has known Sara for a long time. Thank you for your help! And yes, there is an account opened up for her at one of the banks in town. Can someone help me remember which bank?

Helping others help themselves....

No comments: