Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Open Houses

When you decide to "list" your house with a real estate agent, you have made the choice who you are going to ask to help you sell your house. That real estate agent will help you know what price to put it at so that it will sell with the least amount of days on the market for the price range that certain buyers will fit into.

Be ready to have an open house for all of the real estate agents in town. I have heard that there are somewhere between 130 and 150 real estate agents in Moses Lake. Does anyone here have a firm number for me? I just met a new agent today named Lisa. She was very professional and knew the information about each house that I met her at while we were on Broker's Open House Tour. (Weekly Tuesday tours, something that FSBO's miss out on, sadly.)

When your real estate agent tells you that he or she would like to hold an open house for the agents, do everything you can to de-clutter, clean up, paint, and stage your home for them as if they were going to buy the property themselves. One of the things my broker told me that I thought was real smart was that it is natural for real estate agents to sell homes they like. Real estate agents are people too, and if we like a home, if it just feels good to be there, we will more than likely want someone else to feel good in that home too, so we'll try to sell it. So, when you prepare for the Open House on our Tuesday tours in Moses Lake, spruce it up well! The best thing I can think of is for you to ask your real estate agent for their Open House To-Do List to get ready for your Open House. If they don't have one, ask a real estate agent who does have a to-do list. I got one from my new friend Rebekah who is also relatively new in real estate.

Let me check my file.... come and get it!

No comments: